Re: [mdt.dev] Moving to Buckminster and Git

Hi Kenn

For MDT/OCL:

We're happy to move to Buckminster; Adolfo is already working on it, so hopefully we'll be there for M1.

I don't see GIT as part of Helios Modeling Package install, and have just seen a GSoC email go past on improving EGit integration, so I suspect that EGIT is not ready for prime time. I have also observed significant concerns over GIT's bandwidth consumption on the servers. Both EGIT and JGIT are in the incubation phase, and while they no doubt offer useful benefits they are not essential. I would prefer to leave a transition to EGIT till after Indigo.

    Regards

        Ed Willink