RE: [mdt-sbvr.dev] ISO 16642

The CEN Workshop Agreement says, as one of its requirements for technical
cooperation, that "long-term ADNOM network will integrate topic maps into
the federated registry..." [9.3.2]

SBVR is compatible with topic maps. See SBVR Annex K, which says in part,
"The only transformation required [between SBVR and Topic Map Constraint
Language], in addition to the generally applicable ones mentioned above
[i.e. translation of SBVR modal formulations, translation of certain SBVR
logical operations and quantifiers, and definition of additional primitive
types in SBVR] would be where semantics conceptualized into SBVR metamodel
constructs differ from the way it is conceptualized into metamodel
constructs in Topic Maps as they both talk about real business things in
business friendly terms." This last point is addressed by the OMG's Ontology
Definition Metamodel (ODM) spec, which includes Topic Maps as one of its
target representations.

Stan