[mdt-sbvr.dev] Top level container in SBVR

On May 12, Mark Linehan wrote:

* We need to decide the top-level container for SBVR.  A terminological
dictionary?  A vocabulary?  Body of shared meanings/shared concepts?  A
community?  How do these relate to conceptual schema and fact model?

[Sjir (2008-05-31-13:00): I propose the following distinctions
level I:   ground facts where a fact has no grammatical function
level II:  domain specific conceptual schema; the facts of this have only grammatical meaning and are domain specific
level III: generic conceptual schema; the facts of this have only grammatical mesaning and are generic, or not domain specific.

In clause 10 fact model is described as I+II+III.

I believe it is very unpractical to have fact model as the top-level container.

Proposal:

Have II+III as the top level container.

What would be a good name for this concept?

Body of shared knowledge, with synonym body of shared meanings and synonym conceptual schema.]

* We should avoid adding new classes and associations, etc.  When we do, we
should include notes explaining what they mean. [Sjir: I support this view strongly.]
 * Associations should be named according to the diagrams and associated
fact types, when the relationship is other than "has".  For example,
"Conceptual Schema includes Concept"

Back to the top