RE: [mdt-sbvr.dev] A proposal for modeling Concepts andrelated aspects

An EPackage contains:
      - sub-EPackages.  There is one top-level EPackage, and a tree of
sub-EPackages below it.
      - EClassifiers:  EClasses and EDataTypes

Each EPackage has a name, a URI, and a prefix.  The package name need not
be unique, but the URI must be. The URI identifies the .ecore that models
the EPackage.  The prefix is used as the XML namespace prefix in files that
store instances of EClassifiers that are in the EPackage.

Each EPackage is associated with an EFactory which can be used to create
EClassifiers of the EPackage.

The EClassifiers apparently should have unique names within an EPackage,
since there is a getEClassifier(String name)

A set doesn't seem to have the same semantics.

I agree that it would be best to avoid mixing the MRV concepts with those
from the other SBVR vocabularies.  Maybe we could map EPackage to
"conceptual schema", but the match does not seem very good.  How about
"vocabulary namespace"?
--------------------------------
Mark H. Linehan
STSM, Model Driven Business Transformation
IBM Research

phone: (914) 945-1038 or IBM tieline 862-1038
internet: mlinehan@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Stan Hendryx"
             <stan@hendryxasso
             c.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  "'SBVR developer list'"
             mdt-sbvr.dev-boun         <mdt-sbvr.dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             ces@xxxxxxxxxxx                                            cc

                                                                   Subject
             05/25/2008 03:14          RE: [mdt-sbvr.dev] A proposal for
             AM                        modeling Concepts andrelated
                                       aspects

             Please respond to
              SBVR developer
                   list
             <mdt-sbvr.dev@ecl
                 ipse.org>

Mark Linehan wrote:
> I forgot to list EPackages in the following list.   I think
> the closest
> SBVR concept to EPackage is "body of shared concepts".

How about set?
What does an ePackage contain?
We should preferably map to the concepts in the Meaning and Representation
Vocabulary.

Stan