RE: [mdt-sbvr.dev] Difficulty generating eDataTypes

I have been experimenting with EMF generation and am having no success
getting data types in UML corresponded to eDataType and mapped to some Java
class. I've tried the instructions in the EMF book, 2nd edition. Also tried
Kenn's tutorial approach. But it always generates a eClass, not an
eDataType. I've also tried versions 3 and version 5 of the eCore profile,
and different stereotypes, but I've not been able to get anything to work.
I'm trying to define a UML DataType "Real" for real numbers, and would like
to have EMF map it to Java BigDecimal. Similarly, integer to BigInteger. I'm
using RSA for UML modeling, and have a separate Eclipse install that has
Dave's fixes for camel casing. I export a .uml file from RSA and reload it
into my Eclipse project to update the .genmodel. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stan

Back to the top