RE: [mdt-sbvr.dev] A proposal for modeling Concepts and related aspects

Mark,

Thanks for taking the time to work on the metamodel design.  I will study
your diagrams in more detail to better understand the design rules for when
a dynamically generated EClass is used, and the trade-offs associated with
this approach.  I am reluctant to deviate too far from the "conventional
approach" to EMF modeling, because this may also limit the use of other
related EMF technologies and tools.  For example, how would this impact the
use of generated Edit providers used to adapt and present SBVR model
objects?  How would it impact use of EMFT compare and search tools on these
models?  And use of M2M transformation tools?

I am looking for a well-defined design rule for which parts of an SBVR
vocabulary are represented using dynamic EClass instances.  If this were
separated cleanly as concepts vs. individuals (e.g. Driver vs. Bill), then
we might consider using a somewhat conventional EMF approach of generating a
static Ecore model and using it to create/model the individuals.  For
example, I believe the EODM project has code to export ontology classes to
and Ecore model.  That model is then instantiated to represent instances of
the ontology classes.

It would help to understand your proposal if an Ecore model can be exported
and used to generate EMF model/edit/editor plugins, so that an example
EU-Rent model can be created.

I will try to get an updated SBVR tools metamodel (refinement of the one I
started) posted to the bugzilla by end of this week.  I will also post an
updated simple EU-Rent vocabulary created using the EMF editor for this
model.

Regards,
  Dave Carlson

Back to the top