From: mdt-sbvr.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mdt-sbvr.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave Carlson
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 11:54 AM
To: 'SBVR developer list'
Subject: [mdt-sbvr.dev] Code checked into CVS

Hello all,

I checked into CVS the first version of SBVR plugins generated from CMOF
for: model, edit, and editor.  I have begun adding background and design
documentation to the SBVR project wiki: http://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT-SBVR

In particular, look at the two linked pages for metamodel issues and
metamodel modifications.  As a starting point, I have looked at a small
part
of the SBVR metamodel for concept designations (e.g. Term and Name).

The general consensus from developers I've talked to is that some
changes
are required to make the SBVR metamodel more usable for tool
development.
This follows an approach similar to the UML2 implementation, where a
.uml
file is associated with an Eclipse UML2 URI, and there is a resource
handler
that loads/saves UML models to .xmi files using the OMG specification
URI.

For SBVR models, the .sbvr file extension is associated with an Eclipse
SBVR
URI, and the .xmi file extension uses the OMG specification URI.  I have
not
yet implemented the XMI resource load/save classes for SBVR, but will
work
on that next.

Regards,
  Dave Carlson