Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Plan for SysML 1.5

Hi

And remember that SysML 2.x is 'on the way' or perhaps given the lack of consensus amongst the submitters, multiple SysML 2.x's are on the way with no doubt awkward incompatibilities with 1.x.

Even if SysML 1.4 can obsolete SysML 1.1, and SysML 1.5 can obsolete SysML 1.4, it seems unlikely that SysML 2.x will instantly obsolete 1.x so surely the project must have an architecture that supports multiple SysMLs?

The Eclipse UML2 project's inspiration was UML 2.0 from which version migration has been 'comparatively easy'. Model transformation was not available.

In contrast, model transformation is now available, so surely each incompatible SysML could have an independent Ecore-generated model with model transformations to forward/?backward migrate between them. If these model transformations are not already available from OMG, then raise an issue and offer prototypes.

    Regards

        Ed Willink