[mdt-papyrus.dev] Profile migration

Hi. I'm trying to understand how does the profile migration works, specially when dealing with unknown profiles.

I have a profile which extends the SysML 1.1 profile and I'm migrating it to SysML 1.4, and I have a model which has this new profile (and SysML 1.1) applied.  I have observed what seems to be inconsistent behaviour. Sometimes the SysML stereotypes seem to be migrated correctly, although the dialog box issues a warning that these stereotypes could not be found. Sometimes I get a "The 'no null' constraint is violated" and when this happens the fixes do not seem to work. Furthermore, some of the "new" stereotypes of the "unknown" profile seem to be applied correctly, but not all. (I'm trying to make minimal examples to reproduce).

So how does the migration deal with "unknown" profiles? What does it do when it encounters a stereotype from an unknown profile which extends a stereotype from a profile being migrated (e.g. a stereotype S extending the "Block" stereotype in SysML, which is being migrated)? What happens to stereotypes which do not extend stereotypes being migrated?

Thanks

--
Ernesto Posse
Zeligsoft