[mdt-papyrus.dev] CSS Factories & priorities

Hi all,

While working on Bug 517688 [1] in Papyrus-RT, I noticed that the custom (Papyrus-RT) CSS Factory was not called. It seems that a new factory was added in Oxygen for all UML Elements, with a very high priority, thus potentially breaking any custom one.

Since UML already has a CSS Properties factory (Which existing profiles/customizations may - or should - extend already), I've proposed a patch [2] to merge the new one into the existing one.

While my patch shouldn't cause any issue for people migrating from Neon to Oxygen (Actually, it should fix a regression), it may be a problem for custom languages (SysML? Others?) which might already extend the new factory. If such cases are known, I can rework the patch to keep the new factory class and simply remove the extension (And still merge its behavior into the UML one, since it should be active by default in any case).

Please let me know if I missed anything

Thanks,
Camille

[1] 517688: Annotated tests should be restored

--
Camille Letavernier

Senior Software Engineer
EclipseSource Paris