Food information, thank you for the link.

Now to find a copy of ISO42010…

/Charles

On 2016.11.04, at 06:32 , NOYRIT Florian <florian.noyrit@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

To elaborate on the composability of products, I think that a part of the answer to this requirement will be provided by the ongoing work on architecture frameworks.
Long story short, this feature will help in partitioning the various Architecture Context (namely the various Architecture Frameworks and Architecture Description Languages) and to switch from one to another.

By the way, I would like to encourage anyone to comment this proposal as it will be very structuring for Papyrus in terms of user experience and for Papyrus Product design.
The wording we adopted is the ISO42010 one. Note that it is a work document. Feel free to comment using the Discussion tab of this wiki page but please don’t edit directly the page.

Best regards.

/Florian

De : mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de charles+zeligsoft.com
Envoyé : jeudi 3 novembre 2016 17:42
À : Papyrus Project list <mdt-papyrus.dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc : Dr.-Ing.
Stephan Thesing <Stephan.Thesing@xxxxxxxxxx>
Objet : Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Papyrus Extenssions/Components/companions.ADd-ins/Other?

Thanks Floriant,

Some comments inline below.

Regards,

Charles Rivet
Senior Product Manager, Papyrus-RT product lead

On 2016.11.03, at 12:17 , NOYRIT Florian <florian.noyrit@xxxxxx> wrote:

Dear all,

All your comments are aligned with our current refactoring of Papyrus’ architecture.
I like the “Papyrus Extension”.

Just as a complement, each of the future Papyrus top and sub projects may release multiple Papyrus Extensions and/or Papyrus Product.
Regarding Papyrus Platform, today, we plan to release ‘Papyrus UML’ (or ‘Papyrus for UML’, the name has not been chosen yet) as a Papyrus
<cr>
Please note that “Papyrus for UML” is already defined as part of the Papyrus IC Product Management Committee work done during the Ericsson Modeling days. I would like to confirm whether or not we are talking about the same product.
From a product Management point of view (as I can’t talk for the Papyrus IC PMC), having a uniform branding strategy is an important factor in marketing the Papyrus (or any, for that matter) product line. As such, I would strongly recommend keeping the “for” for all products, for the reasons stated in a  previous response to Sébastien.
</cr>

Product and ‘Papyrus for Toolsmith’ (or what will be chosen) as a Papyrus Product.
All the extra plugins in Papyrus main repo will be moved to the appropriate or a new repo (until we have a sub-project for them).

In our understanding of Papyrus Product, we expect to provide something downloadable in the form of an RCP (or alike) for it while Papyrus Extensions will be features (according to Eclipse’s wording) that anyone can install from any Papyrus Product. It will be up to each sub project to decide if their Extension is worth the release of a Papyrus Product but we expect that every Papyrus Product will release a corresponding Papyrus Extension.
<cr>
From a product point of view, those would be part of my expectations. The only other requirement I can think of right now is that of composability of products (i.e., products can co-exist in a single installation or workspace, as documented in the Papyrus IC Product Management Committee wiki [https://wiki.polarsys.org/Papyrus_IC/Product_Management#Papyrus_Product_Requirements].
</cr>

On this topic, the “Install Papyrus Additional Components” will evolve to reflect this new organization. Also, while Papyrus Team used to maintain the various extras for each release, Papyrus Products and Papyrus Extensions will have their own roadmap. We even think of removing this “Papyrus market place” in favor of a new category (probably named “Papyrus”) in Eclipse marketplace. This would simplify the release of extensions and the maintenance of this marketplace.
<cr>
I like this, both from an infrastructure and a marketing point of view.
</cr>

Don’t hesitate to react to my mail. The first proposal of this refactoring will be proposed very soon.

Best regards.

/Florian