De : mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de LE FEVRE FRANCOIS
Envoyé : jeudi 6 octobre 2016 13:35
À : Papyrus Project list <mdt-papyrus.dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Objet : [PROVENANCE INTERNET] [mdt-papyrus.dev] target platform

Dear all,

I would like to know what is the best configuration to use for our target platforms in components.

I do not find a good link /documentation on target definition.

Which mode do we have to use for the following parameters:

·         includeMode="planner" or slicer

o   planner seems to be more appropriate if I do understand

§  http://eclipse-debug.blogspot.fr/2010/09/how-p2-based-targets-work.html

§  The operation can be done using a slicer, which is typically used for mirroring a site or a planner, which is used by Eclipse to safely install and update itself.

o   Proposition: switch to planner mode in all components

·         includeAllPlatforms="false"

o   why we do not use all ?

o   Proposition: switch to true in all components

·         includeSource="false"

o   we do not need to include source by default

o   Proposition: ensure we do not include source in all componennts

·         includeConfigurePhase="false"

o   no idea

·         type="InstallableUnit">

o   keep this like this