Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] increase for minor change

Hi, Rémi,

Yes, this is a very good point.

We could start with 2.2 version on the master branch.  Because the Oxygen stream is continuing in parallel with Neon.x and, in fact, makes its first release after Neon.x is closed, we can bump the version numbers along on Oxygen as we go.

So, for example, at this point we would have org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.service.types at 2.1.0 on Neon.x and 2.2.0 on master.  After Neon.1 is released, if we then need to make a 2.2.0 in Neon.2, at that point we bump master to 2.3 to stay ahead.  It doesn’t actually matter what the versions on the master branch are until that branch releases.

In any case, I don’t think we can set Oxygen/master at 3.0 until we know there will be breaking API changes, because this has a definite impact on applications that extend Papyrus and how they must manage their own updates.

Does this make sense?

cW