Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Notice: Papyrus Bundle Refactorings for Neon M6

Hi, Rémi,

Good to hear that the road is clear for this week.  As it happens, the Gerrit change has grown quite a lot as it has ended up changing the line endings of almost all of the files in the repository (owing to the introduction of a .gitattributes file).  Ultimately, I suppose this is a good thing; I’m just surprised that these weren’t already all converted last week when that file was first created.

Sorry about the block charts; I didn’t realize that copying and pasting everything from my markdown preview tool would produce hyperlinks to local files instead of copying the images.  I attach them in a PDF for reference.

Yes, in brief discussion with Camille, it turned out that investing time into factoring the UML dependencies out of the palette service API (the concepts of profile and stereotype permeate the API to the highest, most abstract level) wasn’t worthwhile precisely because a new palette framework is planned for Neon.

Absolutely, the new palette configuration framework should be in the common diagram layer.  I suppose it should also be compatible with both GEF3 and GEF4 palettes, which perhaps might imply some extra abstraction layers to plug in both of those technologies independently.

Cheers,

Christian