Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] [PROVENANCE INTERNET] Re: [PROVENANCE INTERNET] Re: How to regenerate diagram from *.idgen?

Dear all,

Thanks for the action you lead, Christian.

Just to warn the team that we have also the case for several plugins in Papyrus where the code is generated manually through click on Eclipse where you need to have specific plugins deployed…In a near future we will also be stopped by similar cases.

I would like to enforce the fact that we do not have to commit the generated code.

A long time ago, I have tried to propose several ideas to focus on this problem.

I have mainly submitted 2 patches that have never been integrated, even if they have been discussed several times internally :

·         https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/39832/

·         https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/41167/

The last one is about a about a maven plugin to help us to manage some of basic usecases. It was emfgen plugin located here

https://git.eclipse.org/c/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus.tools.git/tree/emfgen

Perhaps we should better propose it outside Papyrus project, in a github repository to see if it could be improve or not with the help of the community?

Why not integrating these elements?

Or What strategies to we propose to fight such loose of code generated knowledge?

Francois