[mdt-papyrus.dev] Java 8 in Gerrit builds

Hi, Team,

Now that we are adopting Java 8 in Neon, I think our Gerrit build needs to be configured to use the jdk1.8.0-latest JDK.  It is currently still using jdk1.7.0-latest.

I am contributing patches to a developer branch in the Neon stream, and attempting to use Java 8 APIs and lambda expressions results in compilation errors like this:

[ERROR] The type java.lang.invoke.LambdaMetafactory cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

Of course, this one Gerrit build is responsible for building all Papyrus branches (including Mars and Luna).  Would that be a problem?  The project classpaths in these branches would still be specifying JRE 7/6 run-times and binary class format, respectively.

Cheers,

Christian

Back to the top