Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Generation of ElementTypeConfigurations from UML profiles

Thanks for your reply Christian. What is weird is that, those ignored stereotypes I mentioned, Task and GlobalTask, both extend OpaqueAction, which does have an element type in the e-t set i’m using (activity diagram). And other stereotypes which do so as well (BusinessRuleTask, UserTask, ScriptTask…)… they do appear in the generated file !

I’m raising the bug. Thanks !

Juan

De : mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Christian W. Damus
Envoyé : jeudi 7 mai 2015 14:13
À : Papyrus Project list
Objet : Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Generation of ElementTypeConfigurations from UML profiles

Hi, Juan,

The element-types generator is intended to generate types for all metaclass extensions implied by the stereotypes in your profile.  That includes extensions inherited by stereotypes through generalization, where those stereotypes otherwise don’t declare their own extensions.

It is possible that some stereotypes will be missed if the UML metaclasses that they extend do not have any representation in the element-types set on which your element types are based.  So, for example, if you are generating types specifically for Class Diagram, if a stereotype doesn’t extend any metaclasses that can be visualized in a class diagram, then no element type will be generated for it.

If your element types are based on the core UML Element Types, then probably there is either a “metamodel element type" missing for the metaclass that your stereotype extends or it simply has an identifier that doesn’t fit the pattern, so the generator cannot find it.

In any case, I think probably you should raise a bug so that I can look into the problem and fix it.  :-)

Cheers,

Christian