Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs 1.5, 1.7 ? management by maven

Hi,

There is something like this.  Oomph provides a project preferences management tool that maintains consistency of all our projects' settings.  The JDK level is determined by each plug-in's BREE and everything else is kept in sync with the settings in the org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.core plug-in, which serves as the master or template for our common project preferences.

You will notice how every time new plug-ins are added they are followed shortly after by a commit that brings their preferences up to standard.

The .prefs files for preferences don't support arbitrary variable substitution and never have. They predate any sort of integration of maven into Eclipse.  Using maven to substitute variables in these files would require an external maven execution to populate them before first use of a new workspace. Let's not do that.

Cheers,

Christian