Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Local build error in org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.oclconstraintevaluation plug-in

Hi

It is what JDT used to distribute as the compile-time org.eclipse.jdt.annotation 1.1.0 before they introduced an incompatible load-time 2.0 for Java 8.

It is a compile-time only requirement, since it contains only the @NonNull and @Nullable source annotations.

It is not needed for binary builds so is not in the SDK. Providing it might cause trouble for Java 8 users who need the load-time version.

Papyrus should not need it, since I think Papyrus does not use @NonNull etc. If/when Papyrus does use @NonNull but remains on Java 6/7 it may want org.eclipse.ocl.jdt.annotation7.

The problem is probably due to a leakage from the OCL dev environment that uses @NonNull when fixing Papyrus problems for the promoted OCL code.

So just delete rather than resolve the reference.

How can it be that the Gerrit build approved the patch?

    Regards

        Ed Willink