Thanks ssh: works. It would be nice if the guide had the trivial solution up front, before steering through a minefield of suspect alternatives.

    Regards

        Ed Willink

On 22/01/2015 08:40, LETAVERNIER Camille wrote:
Hi Ed,

The configuration for Papyrus/Gerrit is (should be?) exactly the same as for OCL. It is also exactly the same for committers and non-committers. So, if you can make it work on OCL, you should be able to do exactly the same thing with Papyrus

You can connect through SSH to a project's Gerrit, even if you're not a committer (With the same public key you are using on OCL/Gerrit)

The Papyrus/Gerrit remote is:

ssh:// committer_id @git.eclipse.org:29418/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus
https://committer_id@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/r/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus

Regards,
Camille
-----Message d'origine-----
De : mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Ed Willink
Envoyé : jeudi 22 janvier 2015 09:19
À : mdt-papyrus.dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Gerrit authorisation

Hi

OCL is easy for me because my ssh: Remote just works. The only secret to learn is the refs/for/master that appears nowhere in the UI help.

For Papyrus, if I am foolish enough to follow the Vogella tutorial I would start by installing command line Java tooling; totally unnecessary and very off putting.

Since the Papyrus guide has no screen shots and three broken file links it is confusing. How is refs/for/master spelled? It appears to echo as HEAD:refs/for/master in my dialog. Anyway, I still do not know what the Gerrit REMOTE config should look like, but pushing the ordinary config gives a config selection, so that I see something where I can select from "master" to "refs/for/master". After three requests for username/password it reports unauthorized. I can use the select branch-to-delete box to see many branches so it would appear that the URI is at least a Papyrus path, although perhaps not a refs/for/master pushable one. It would have saved and still save a lot of time if the author of the guide had put in a screenshot of a correct push dialog.

So either the "r/p" URI is wrong, it certainly seems really wierd to me, or my username/password are wrong. I use the my normal ed_at_willink.me.uk and Eclipse Foundation password that had its six monthly update a couple of weeks go. These work on the Gerrit web interface.

Another possibility is enforcement of the bug name + commit id + signed off. Perhaps I did it wrong; the links in the guide are broken and the words say it is easy; not that hard but I'd never used them before.
Again a screen shot of a correct commit would save a lot of time.

      Regards

          Ed Willink