Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] [PROVENANCE INTERNET] Re: [PROVENANCE INTERNET] Re: [PROVENANCE INTERNET] Re: Documentation for plugin in plugin

Hello,

I understand that there is a necessity of placing the documentation as separate plug-ins but it is also obvious that it is making it harder to manage as Benoit states. For instance, today I was checking plugins/doc folder but it was impossible to understand which documentations belong to extra-plugins or to locate the corresponding plugin folders. Currently, the developers need to know everything by heart, and this can become a bigger problem as the project grows.

One solution would be organizing the plugins/doc folder with the same tree structure with their corresponding plugins. For example it can be like:

·        plugins/doc/plugins/uml/org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.doc

·

·        plugins/doc/extraplugins/codegen/org.eclipse.papyrus.codegen.doc

·

Like that it can be easier to locate the documentation of a plugin and vice versa. Any ideas?

Best,

Önder GÜRCAN

Research Engineer

Commission for Atomic Energy and Alternative Energies (CEA)

Direction of Technological Research (DRT)

Systems and Technology Integration Laboratory (LIST)

Software and Systems Engineering Department (DILS)

Model-driven Engineering for Embedded Systems Laboratory (LISE)

cid:image010.jpg@01CFEA20.6984AEF0

Commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives (CEA)

Paris-Saclay Campus - Nano-INNOV | Bât. 862-PC1087 | F-91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex

T. +33 (0)1 69 08 00 07  |  F. +33 (0)1 69 08 83 95  |

onder.gurcan@xxxxxx   |  Search Onder  |  LinkedIn  Papyrus