One good reason for packaging documentation separately from all of the other plug-ins is so that it can be deployed separately, for example in the Eclipse Infocenter:  see bug 443315 [1].  Papyrus wasn’t contributed to help.eclipse.org in Luna; it must be in Mars.  And should be for Luna SR2 also, IMO.

Cheers,

Christian

On Dec 19, 2014, at 03:23, TESSIER Patrick 202707 <Patrick.TESSIER@xxxxxx> wrote:

Ok for extra-plugins.
But I think that documentation about main plugin must be inside. In this maner maintenance can be facilitate the second reason from Benoit.

For example I have found document about sash editor done by cedric dumoulin in the directory doc. (this doc was done with the version before papyrus eclipse).
I think that It was not maintained because everyone have forgotten that a doc existed somewhere..
Patrick

De : mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de LE FEVRE FRANCOIS
Envoyé : vendredi 19 décembre 2014 08:42
À : Papyrus Project list
Objet : [PROVENANCE INTERNET] Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] [PROVENANCE INTERNET] Re: [PROVENANCE INTERNET] Re: Documentation for plugin in plugin

Hey,
To my mind, it is important/critic to be able to separate each element/plugin.
A plugin should come with its own documentation, source code etc… It could live alone.
So I join Benoit’s proposition.

If you want to have doc packaged for all items/plugins, even if the plugin itself is not packaged inside the Papyrus RCP, then you have just to write a different releng for your papyrus rcp that aggregates all documentation from all registered plugins.
I do prefer this approach.

Have a good day.

Francois