[mdt-papyrus.dev] Documentation for plugin in plugin

Hi,

All documentation plugins are (or at least should )stored here :  org.eclipse.papyrus\plugins\doc\*.doc

My question is : Why don’t we keep the documentation in the plugin it describes ?

For example : org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.common.doc should be included in org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.common

I see these advantages :

-          Easier for a newcomer to find documentation when trying to add a feature

-          Easier to think of updating the doc when its already in the workspace

-          Easier to follow impact on documentation (same dependency tree as plugins)

-          Less plugins

-          Won’t miss documentation in the build when packaging an rcp or updating plugins

The only bad thing I see is that it won’t be any more possible to create a custom rcp without documentation but who will need that ?

Regards,

Benoit

Back to the top