[mdt-papyrus.dev] Papyrus CSS integration into EMF Compare

Hi Papyrus team,

I'm working on the integration of Papyrus CSS customization into the Diagram viewer of EMF Compare. After some investigations I have found out that most of the problem are located in the class "CSSNotationResource". In the method "getEngine" there is a protection that prevents the addition of the CSSNotationResrouceAdapter if the ResourceSet is not a ModelSet (see [1]) . Since EMF Compare does not use a ModelSet it can not work. My question is, is this protection mandatory? Do you think that we could remove it or modify it (in order to make it work outside Papyrus)? In order to test it in EMF Compare, I have removed this protection and it almost has corrected all the problems. If you agree that a simple deletion of the protection is enough then I could push a review on this matter. If not, I would like to discuss with you the other alternatives we have.

Regards,

Arthur Daussy

[1] http://git.eclipse.org/c/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus.git/tree/plugins/infra/gmfdiag/css/org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.css/src/org/eclipse/papyrus/infra/gmfdiag/css/resource/CSSNotationResource.java#n84

Back to the top