[mdt-papyrus.dev] Git : Formatting and Whitespace

Hi,

Is there an official policy for formatting files in the Papyrus Project ?

The official Git documentation promotes a standard configuration:

  Windows :

$ git config --global core.autocrlf true

Linux or Mac :

$ git config --global core.autocrlf input

With LF (Not windows CRLF) in the repository

See http://git-scm.com/book/en/Customizing-Git-Git-Configuration

I used this configuration but got many formatting problems

See for example https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/28906/1/

I pushed the last set with this configuration :

If you’re a Windows programmer doing a Windows-only project, then you can turn off this functionality, recording the carriage returns in the repository by setting the config value to false:

$ git config --global core.autocrlf false

ð  It’s working fine for me but will probably cause problems for mac and linux users

Maybe we should initiate a migration from CRLF to LF for the whole git repository ?

Any ideas on how it’s working for other projects ?

Regards,

Benoit Maggi

Back to the top