[mdt-papyrus.dev] Deprecated folder in repository

Hello all,

I am pondering the use of the folder named ‘deprecated’ in the source tree. As I understand, plugins and features that are no longer part of the build are moved to this folder, and this is neither automatic, nor systematic because lots of plugins in the ‘plugins’ folder are not part of any build (main and extra). I am aware than some of them are meant for the Papyrus developers.

Still, I am under the impression that this creates some confusion and noise when looking at the source tree from an outsider perspective. I believe the standard practice would be to simply delete the deprecated bundles when they are removed from the build. It is always possible to go back in the history to look at and retrieve the code. Furthermore, to ease this process we can tag the commit that removed the bundle with a name of a particular form, e.g. “last/<bundleID>”.

Do you have any thoughts on that ?

Regards,

Laurent

Back to the top