[mdt-papyrus.dev] New code generator & Regenerated class diagram

Dear colleagues,

<-- New code generator-->

I pushed a new diagram code generator for Papyrus. It is XTend based and it aims at replacing the legacy XPand one. The point of this migration is to modernize our code generation.

It is not simple migration of the previous generator: some parts have been modified.
In particular, modelingAssistants and preference pages are not generated anymore.
Also, the new code generator removes several generated java warnings, deprecated code, dead-code  and potential bugs (identified by FindBugs).

You can launched it the same way it was before. The only difference is that the gmfgen must refer to the new Xtend templates (set Dynamic Templates Directory to oep.def/xtend/)
It relies on the latest version of GMFT-Xtend.

Now, it is easier to override the GMFT code generator. Also this new generator runs fast and seems to scale well.
The ultimate objective is to generate the diagram code at build time and remove the generated code from Git repository.

It has been developed and tested with the class diagram.
You may use it to regenerate other diagrams as well.

<--Regenerated class diagram-->

As I just said, the class diagram has been used to test the new code generator. The code has been generated from scratch.
This has introduced some regressions.
Please, do not fix the regressions by recopying the legacy code in the new code (especially the "generated not" code).
Either correct the Xtend templates or add custom code that overrides the generated code.

If you don't know how to proceed, ask me but ---don't edit the generated code---.

Best regards.

Florian NOYRIT
+33 (0)1 69 08 01 01 - florian.noyrit@xxxxxx
CEA Saclay Nano-INNOV
Institut CARNOT CEA LIST
DILS/Laboratory of model driven engineering for embedded systems (LISE),
Point Courrier 174, 91191 Gif-sur-Yvette, France

Back to the top