De : mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Stefano
Envoyé : lundi 24 mars 2014 15:13
À : mdt-papyrus.dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc : Silvia Mazzini; Tullio Vardanega
Objet : Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Viewpoints introduction in Papyrus

Dear Laurent,

we are involved on the CONCERTO ARTEMIS project, a follow up to the CHESS ARTEMIS project (http://www.chess-project.org/). The results of CHESS have been recently submitted to Polarsys (http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/polarsys.chess/).

In short: CHESS provides a methodology for model-driven development of high-integrity software systems; as part of that, it defines a modelling language implemented as UML/MARTE profile on an Eclipse stack. The CHESS language editor uses Papyrus and tailors it with the CHESS profile (e.g.
stereotypes editing, palettes customization).

The highlight of the CHESS methodology is its strong support for design views. To this end, the CHESS team (in particular, the University of
Padua) developed initial support for the definition of views (or viewpoints if you will) and the associated capabilities and constraints (so that, for each view, the read/write permissions for each kind of metamodel entity can be specified).

On top of this, a run-time support integrated with the Papyrus editor has also been developed to implement the notion of current view, i.e., the view current applied on the given models, and the live-checking of the constraints associated to the current view. The palette also is dependent on the view and the diagram associated to that view.

We and other partners in the new CONCERTO project envision extending CHESS in a number of ways, and in particular, we want to enhance and extend the CHESS support for views. In particular we would like to hide/show/highlight model elements depending on the current view.
Before starting to work on those extensions, we would like to know more about the feature you have announced on the Papyrus development list concerning the Papyrus support for the definition of viewpoints.

It would be great if some common ground could be found between your work and ours, which could benefit the communities that revolve around Papyrus and Papyrus.

In order to explore whether such common ground exists, we would like to suggest organizing a WebEx meeting between you (and your collaborators) and us.

We look forward to your return on this.
Kind regards,

Silvia Mazzini (Intecs)
Stefano Puri (Intecs)
Tullio Vardanega (University of Padua)
Alessandro Zovi (University of Padua)

On 17/03/2014 08:22, WOUTERS Laurent wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> On Friday 14th we introduced in Papyrus the support for the definition
> of viewpoints, hence bringing a new customization feature to Papyrus.
> A viewpoints ca be regarded as a set of diagrams (and tables),
> selected and customized from the original Papyrus diagrams and table.
> Using this feature it is possible to define new diagrams through the
> reuse and the customization of the original ones.
>
> A major change and advantage introduced by this feature has been the
> reduction of code related to the diagrams. The Package diagram, as
> well as all the RobotML diagrams (extras) are now entirely defined
> within the
> (simple) configuration of the default Papyrus viewpoint. The old code
> for these diagrams have therefore been removed. The Package diagram,
> for example, is now purely defined as a subset of the Class diagram.
>
> You can take a look at the default viewpoint configuration in
> "plugins/infra/viewpoints/org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.viewpoints.policy/builtin/default.configuration".
>
> In addition, a "Viewpoint Explorer" view has been added to Papyrus in
> order to easily see what are the available kinds of diagram and their
> properties in the current viewpoint.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Laurent

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The contents of this email and any transmitted files are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. We hereby exclude any warranty and any liability as to the quality or accuracy of the contents of this email and any attached transmitted files. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.