Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] -1 for Philippe Roland on modeling.mdt.papyrus by Cedric Dumoulin

Hi Cédric,

I've read your concerns in regards to my nomination as a Papyrus comitter, and would like to address them.
I've taken the liberty of responding item-by-item to the list you posted in your message.

- know the Papyrus Architecture, coding style, project naming scheme, ...
I have significant experience working on Papyrus 0.8 alongside Arthur Daussy for Papyrus customizations FAST and TOPHOO, both of which will be featured at eclipsecon this year (https://www.eclipsecon.org/na2014/session/fast-tophoo-cooking-papyrus). I am currently working with Mathieu Velten and taking steps of my own to bring myself up to speed on 0.10 / 1.0 development standards.

- participate to the news list
This is a fair point. I'd like to point out, however, that most of my work has been centered on 0.8 work, and on fairly uncontroversial feature requests / bugfixes at that. These did not require significant community involvement, but I will soon have many more opportunities to participate in the forum and newsletter, as I am to take over development on some of Arthur's contributions  and carry out the migration of both FAST and TOPHOO to Papyrus 1.0.

- propose a significant contribution that is reviewed, endorsed and commited by a commiter.
As mentioned in Sébastien Gérard's nomination email, I have already contributed several fixes and enhancements to branch 0.8, mostly related to extensibility. All of these have been reviewed, endorsed and committed by Papyrus comitters Tristan Faure, Arthur Daussy and/or Mathieu Velten. Some of them have additionally been backported to the trunk, either by one of those comitters or by myself.

- still have a new proposal or code to contribute to Papyrus
I briefly mentioned my upcoming work on Papyrus, but I'd like to expand on that point. My immediate priority related to Papyrus is completing the migration (and particularly, ensuring the adherence to 1.0 standards) of the object-by-object collaborative component that Arthur had created for branch 0.8. The migration of FAST and TOPHOO will certainly bring about the possibility of expanding on Papyrus' customization capabilities. I assure you, there is plenty of work left for me to contribute.

- let him/her be known to other commiters (news and dev list participation, bugs patches, ...)
As I pointed out earlier, I have already submitted a number of patches, and am well known and in constant contact with Papyrus comitters Tristan Faure and Mathieu Velten. I have been introduced to and am occasionally in contact with CEA comitters Sébastien Gérard and Camille Letavernier regarding my most recent contributions to the master branch, and do plan on being more present in the mailing lists and forums in the near future.

I hope that I've managed to address to your satisfaction any reservations you might have. Please let me know if there is something else you would like to discuss.

Regards,
Philippe