[mdt-papyrus.dev] Questions about JUnit test execution

Hi, Team,

When I run the "Papyrus ALL Tests" launch configuration locally on my Mac, I get more test failures (and a few errors) than what the nightly builds on Hudson (at Eclipse) report, for the same Git commit on master.  Also, locally I am running more test cases than the build:  my test execution includes the oep.infra.gmfdiag.commands.tests suite, but the test execution on Hudson does not.

So, two questions:

  • who else on the team develops and tests on Mac and what is your experience compared to other platforms?  I suspect that the additional failures I see are caused by stuff that doesn't work on Mac.  Other issues that I have seen on Mac, that I could imagine aren't a problem on other platforms, include:
    • a second context (right-moust-click) menu always appears in the diagram editors after dismissing the first menu (either by clicking away or invoking some menu action).  The second menu has a small subset of the first menu, plus a few items that aren't in the first menu
    • drag-and-drop elements from Model Explorer onto table editors doesn't work at all on Mac
  • why would the oep.infra.gmfdiag.commands.tests suite not be included in JUnit execution on Hudson?  I added this test fragment recently on master and I think I integrated it into all of the necessary places (the tests feature, the master oep.tests.AllTests suite, etc.)

Thanks for your help,

Christian

Back to the top