De : mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de RADERMACHER Ansgar 206501
Envoyé : jeudi 13 janvier 2011 12:15
À : Papyrus Project list
Objet : Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] emf validation in Papyrus

Dear Nicholas,

this is quite simple: just follow the tutorial in
http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.emf.validation.doc/tutorials/validationTutorial.html
for batch constraints. It is necessary to create a ClientContext, the
selector class could for instance just check whether the passed element
is a UML model element, e.g.

public class ValidationDelegateClientSelector implements IClientSelector {
     /**
      * Queries whether to select the specified object, which indicates
that it
      * belongs to this client context.
      *
      * @param object a model element of some kind
client
      *     context; <code>false</code>, otherwise
      */
     public boolean selects(Object object) {
         return (object instanceof Element);
     }
}

Once registered, your constraints should be checked and lead marked
model elements within Papyrus.

Best regards

Ansgar

On 01/11/2011 02:42 PM, Nicholas Pacini wrote:
> Dear Ansgar,
>
> thank you for your reply. I asked about the status of the emf
> validation in Papyrus for the following reason:
> At the moment i'm working on the CHESS project which relies on the
> Papyrus editor. In this project we have defined an UML profile and
> several constraints (in OCL and Java) that have to be applied during
> the validation of models that comply with our profile.
> What we whished to know is how we could link our constraints with your
> validation, according to the current implementation of Papyrus.
>
> Thanks for your attention,
> Best Regards,
> Nicholas
>
> 2010/12/24, RADERMACHER Ansgar 206501<Ansgar.RADERMACHER@xxxxxx>:
>> Dear Nicholas,
>>
>> I'm not very happy using the internal function, I principally wanted to
>> avoid to duplicate code that is already present. For additional constraints,
>> we use the standard EMF extension point, i.e. in the moment I do not see a
>> need to customize the EValidatorAdapter.
>> =>  could it be made a non-internal function?
>> The alternative is to create a minimal EValidatorAdapter in Papyrus.
>>
>> Btw. I also use the internal Modisco class LinkItem in function
>> tryChildIfEmpty() of class ValidationTool: in order to know, if it should be
>> decorated with a marker, I need to know the EObject of the childs.
>> =>  is there a cleaner way to get the information about the childs?
>> =>  if not, could LinkItem be made non-internal?
>>
>> Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
>>
>> Ansgar

Ansgar Radermacher                CEA/DRT/DILS/LISE
http://www-list.cea.fr/index.htm
phone: +33 16908 3812
mailto: ansgar.radermacher@xxxxxx