[mdt-ocl.dev] API reviews

Hi Adolfo

Thanks for the reviews.

Most have been incorporated on ewillink/ocl25.

I'm trying to follow a policy of retaining M5 public API till M7, so some of your removals are just @Deprecated at present.

getClass_() is a necessary evil for Ecore auto-generation. Manually we can do better, so I've used getPivotClass(). I'm surpised you found so much that could change from Type to Class. Possibly just exposes the next level. e.g. getCommonType might be changeable to getCommonClass etc.

OCLInternal and MetamodelManagerInternal have been factored out, so I think there are now no XXX.Internal classes.

OCL.newInstance(EPackage.Registry) now creates a very lightweight OCL, understanding only the nsURIs in the EPackage.Registry (and any delegates).

OCL.newInstance(ResourceSet) no longer creates a distinct externalResourceSet.

EnvironmentFactory.createParserContext is potentially important, though perhaps only as internal API. It performs the extensible AS class-specific preparation of the context for parsing an OCL expression. i.e. an Operation.bodyExpression has parameter names. Creation of parserContext was all over the place. I introduced a central replacement, but seem not to have exploited it universally yet.

    Regards

        Ed Willink

Back to the top