[mdt-ocl.dev] OCL/Xtext Build timing

Hi Adolfo

Currently OCL Core is a +1 component, and Tools a +3 with an inconvenient double build and contribution.

Once the tools are promoted to non-Examples we have a problem of relative timing; late to follow Xtext, early to avoid delaying EMFq etc.

After Kepler and in preparation for a promotion of examples, I suggest we notify cross-project that we will: - contribute a +1 build "Mx" typically at 18:00 GMT against S-builds for EMF and UML and I-builds for Xtext - occasionally recontribute a maintenance only "Mxa" rebuild at +3 if required by the Xtext S-build.

This will eliminate the need for two genuinely distinct builds. The only difference between the builds need be the rmap: S-builds only for the +3 job, latest Xtext I/S for the +1 job.

So:

+1 we run the +1 job and contribute "Mx"
+2 we run the +3 job and if automated/manually testing fails we debug and fix
     +3 we run the +3 job and contribute "Mxa"

If Xtext continues to be good about producing I-builds we can hope that we won't ever need a +3 rerun.

    Regards

        Ed Willink

Back to the top