[mdt-ocl.dev] Promotion of the Pivot binding and Xtext editors for Kepler

Hi

Promoting the pivot binding code and associated editors provides a major reviewing challenge, which under our current policy of everything being reviewed means that promotion would never happen.

I see little alternative but to promote everything shortly after Kepler and hope to be able to react to as many review comments as possible. This will avoid projects such as Acceleo having to accommodate a much later change to package names.

In the next couple of weeks I plan to provide documentation on the pivot binding and will sort out the external API eliminating many duplicate test code helpers and trying to replicate the existing OCL facade classes as far as possible. This might clear 10 Bugzillas and give a relatively stable target for Java users. The internal API will evolve a little as strict alignment with UML 2.5 occurs and editor scoping is autogenerated.

Any objections/better ideas?

    Regards

        Ed

Back to the top