Re: [mdt-ocl.dev] Offer of GMF-T to help with their resources: what is the answer of the MDT OCL project?

Hello,

Below is update from the GMF-T:

For last 3 weeks we were working on the integration of the ImpactAnalyzer into the GMFT-generated diagrams,
as part of the Bugzilla #368398 -- modeling support for diagram properties auto-updated based on semantic properties of the element.

As part of this work we have implemented 50+ tests for IA (right now they depends on the GMF-T), and manually tested the generated diagrams (that uses IA) with fairly complex OCL expressions. We were focusing on the use cases affecting less than a 100 semantic elements, as it is the primary use case for diagramming.

So far we have't found any problems and we would like to promote the work done for #368398 and # into the GMF-T master.

Even more, in case if IA would be promoted from an examples to be a part of the MDT OCL, we will consider rewriting the base diagram updater mechanism for using with IA, because it is now clear that it would lead to a simpler and more stable diagram code than the one we are actually generating for diagram update.

Thus, I am definitely +1 for promoting the IA to the main OCL distribution.

Michael "Borlander" Golubev
Eclipse Committer (GMF, UML2Tools)
at Montages Think Tank,
Prague, Czech Republic