Re: [mdt-ocl.dev] EGit Guidelines

Hi
- Optionally Archive Old topic Branch to prune the EGit displays

When renaming a local branch, will the branch be renamed in the Eclipse repository. Wouldn't be we probably have two branches (bug/xxxxx and archive/xxxxx) in the repository ? Have anybody tried that ?
I think it should work since rename is supported. If not Delete the extra one.
It doesn't work. Or at least the EGit rename of a remote tracking branch works within the remote tracking display, but there seems no way to push the rename upstream, so other downstreams don't fetch it and a fetch from upstream re-instates the original name leaving original and renamed remote tracking branches.

A delete doesn't work either; it just temporarily removes the name from the remote tracking branches list.

Any ideas how to rename/delete a branch upstream (preferably with EGit)?

    Regards

        Ed

Back to the top