Re: [mdt-ocl.dev] EGit Guidelines

Hi

I thought I was getting the hang of this but today's been a total disaster.

I started with bug/353117 which was pushed upstream from my laptop.

I discarded pending experiments in my tower's workspace, then checked remote tracking bug/353117 out on my tower and made minor changes for comments and 3.2 API declarations. I committed these so that I could rebase.

I had a lot of trouble with obsolete projects, Acceleo rebuilds and selective .gitignore causing changes to appear and so I did quite a lot of synchrionizing, overwriting, rebasing and and resetting, but my the time I came to merge into local master it seems all my changes have been lost.

As far as I can see, committed work should not be lost, so since I did a commit with a comment, it should exist somewhere, but where?

I think my main mistake was working in the checked out remote tracking bug/353117 and committing to it, rather than making a local branch from it. But if I did that I'm not sure how I would merge back into the upstream branch.

So I have two questions?

Where is my lost work, and associated commit, that does not show in the History View?

How should I do further work on a remote tracking branch?

EGIT only answers please.

    Regards

        Ed