Re: [mdt-ocl.dev] Building branches on Hudson

This sounds like a great idea... I could create a buckminster specific
commands file designed for testing:

- no javadoc management
- no site construction nor zips pacaking
- no signing.
- only sources fetching + junits

Sounds good.

Ideally, we could have a job parameter to specify the bug which we want
to test. However, I'm not sure that the hudson job SCM configuation area
will understand such a parameter. Otherwise, we would have to change
that in the job configuration prior to do the build launch.... I'll open
a new bugzilla for this.

I rather thought about one job per bug branch that we'd like to test. Creating and deleting jobs on Hudson is easy. Say "New Job," provide a name and select the job you'll set up in the "Copy From" field. Adjust branch spec for git checkout, done. Once done with testing (probably after the bug branch has successfully been merged) simply delete the job again.

The name for the job could be:

"buckminster-mdt-ocl-tests"

...and would be disabled because that would only be the copy template.

Any objection ?

See above, "adjustments" I would say :-).

Axel, how did you clone the bug ? via a bugzilla ? Otherwise, I'll open
a new bugzilla for the webmaster.

You mean "how did I clone the Hudson job?" See above, New Job, then fill in the template job's name in "Copy From".

Best,
-- Axel

Back to the top