Re: [mdt-ocl.dev] Question regarding operations on UnlimitedNatur al taking UnlimitedNatural argument

Hi Laurent, Axel

I certainly agree that '*' is not a priority.

It is an example of where the corrolary of total UML alignment has gone.

Multiplicity can be unlimited.
Integer cannot, so need a new type UnlimitedNatural.
- but don't bother to specify it.

This is where I joined in and wrote the missing specification.

Oops UnlimitedNatural conforms to Integer, but '*' is UnlimitedNatural and does not conform to Integer.
- specification therefore says it must conform via invalid.

New suggestion; rename as +infinity and support for Integer and Real.

Further corrolary; then what use is UnlimitedNatural at all? (Only just realised this)

Why not just introduce +infinity to Intreger and Real and have done with it.

    Regards

        Ed