[mdt-ocl.dev] Releng - Updated Status Report

Hi all,

More reports:

- Firstly, announce that the last succesfull build correspond to an Integration build which containts the OCL-based implementation of the new (M4) EMF Query Delegation feature.
zips: http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?project=ocl
p2 repository: http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/ocl/updates/interim/3.1.0/

- Secondly, We finally have some automated publishing (promotion) scripts.

The policy I've established is the following (let me know if this sound good to you):

- Our nightly buckminster job will be executed every day at 3:00 am (servers time zone).
- I've defined a personal cron entry which will publish the last succesful night build at 3:30 am (servers time zone).

I'm currently working on some documentation in our wiki to at least explain how to run a  build and publish the resulting artifacts

My next step is learning how to deal with composite repositories, with two objetives in mind:

- Our current ant-based publishing script doesn't create composite p2 repositories, so that the last successful build will overwrite the last published p2 repository. It could be ideally that at least for Stable, Release and Maintenance builds the resulting p2 repository were published in a composite repository (in updates/milestones, updates/releases and updates/maintenance, correspondently).
- Kenn, explained me that EMF (core)  is currently using a composite p2 repository to distinct between "base" p2 repository, which contains some basic EMF functionality to be consumed by e4, and "core" p2 repository which contains all the EMF core functionality. I think that we will require something similar to distinct between our MDT/OCL "core" and "tools" builds.

Best regards,
Adolfo.

Open Canarias, S.L.
Adolfo Sánchez-Barbudo Herrera