[mdt-ocl.dev] Releng status

Hi All,

As you may know this has been a nightmare-week due to the build.eclipse.org crash.

Today, I've hardly had some time to work on releng. I've just fixed some bits regarding Helios SR. As you may check we have available zips in the download area (http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?project=ocl) for the new 3.0.1 release. However, since we don't have cbi-integration build working I've had to do that by hand, I mean, renaming the 3.0.1RC4 zips  (removing "RC4") in a R201009240345 folder. It worked.

More problems have appeared when trying to do similar work with the p2 repository, since I have a lot of misunderstanding here. As you know I'd created a new http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/ocl/updates/releases/3.0.1 for our 3.0.1 p2 repository. However this doesn't suffice (It has only worked to properly make the heliosAggregation run). After a very helpful long chat with David Williams (thanks a lot), I have a clearer ideas about what to do.

The main problem is that we should keep a p2 repository in the URL defined by our features. Ideally this should be a composite repository which should compose the Helios MDT/OCL 3.0.0 repository and the new Helios MDT/OCL 3.0.1 one. Since I don't know exactly how to do this composed repository (David told me is not difficult, but some "cp" and "mv" command are quicker), I decided to temporarily substitute the Helios 3.0.0 repo by the new Helios 3.0.1. (In any case, I have added to my task list working on this composed repo to improve this temporary trick).

The point is that our Helios MDT/OCL 3.0.0 p2 repo is present at http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/ocl/updates/releases/ while the repo URL defined by our features is http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/ocl/updates/ (without the  "releases" segment) which doesn't contain any repo at all. I've copied our MDT/OCL 3.0.1 p2 repository in both URLs. However, If I run a fresh Helios 3.6.0 installation and I do "Help -> Check for updates" our OCL Extender SDK feature doesn't appear to be updated. You have to do the update via "Install new software...", instead . If somebody knows the cause of not detecting the changes via "Check for updates" way, please let me know.

Apart from this problem, Helios Modeling 3.6.1 correctly have the proper plugins and features as we (Ed and me) had already checked.

Regarding Indigo M2. I'll be on Sunday trying to recover our cbi-integration hudson job. The new hudson server works nicely now, so it will be at least a more "friendly" task. However, If I'm not able to fix the problem during the weekend, I'm inclined to do a "stable" build from our last (and unique) 3.1.0 integration build, in the same way I've created the 3.0.1 R-build from our 3.0.1RC4 M-build. The only problem I think we will have, is that our features will still keep the incorrect repo's URL.

I'm sorry for the inconveniences I may have caused, but I've tried to my best with my limited available time. At least all these inconveniences are making me gain experience for the future...

Best regards,
Adolfo.
--
Open Canarias, S.L.