Re: [mdt-ocl.dev] 3.1.0 N-builds

Ed,

El 16/08/2010 9:04, Adolfo Sánchez-Barbudo Herrera escribió:
2. Look into the new update site we are going to use for Indigo.

After reading the thread regarding update sites and checking some project's organization. I've liked modisco's one.... I'm going to do the following:

1. Creating an "updates" folder in download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/ocl
2. Creating several subfolders for our updates
      - interim -> integration builds
      - milestones -> our milestiones/stable builds
      - releases -> our releases builds

I'm not sure if we should include something like 3.1 in somewhere, so what do you think is the best option ? :

a ->  http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/ocl/updates/3.1/interim
b  -> http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/ocl/updates/interim/3.1/
c  -> http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/ocl/updates/interim

Some ideas:

- I think that including the number of our version is useful if we wanted to keep several update sites correspondent a different versions.
- Having no version is useful since the update site doesn't have to change over the time (each year).

So, In principle I would use c) so that we could create subfolders for each kind of update site (interim, milestone, etc) in case we required or desired it (for instance, having several update sites corresponding to each milestone).

Any comment ?

Cheers,
Adolfo.
--