[mdt-ocl.dev] MDT/OCL Project Scope

Hi Kenn

On 24/06/2010 18:27, Kenn Hussey wrote:
Be careful regarding the "Core" vs. "Tools" issue, so that the content you are providing in the project still fits within the project's scope. If it does not, you can either ask the PMC to allow you to change/broaden the scope or create a separate project.

Where is the 'scope' of the MDT/OCL project defined? All the plans and overviews seem to have recently written content that has evolved.

Perhaps the creep from meta-model to meta-model+tools occurred when the OCL Console became an example.

We've had a couple of discussions about whether we should have a separate OCL Tools project and broadly concluded that the extra project would just add to the bureaucratic load without solving any real problem. The only advantage of an OCL Tools project was that its content could be overtly 'incubation' rather than 'example', but then as each generation of tools graduates the code has to have an inter rather than intra-project move.

It seems that emulating MWE's multiple builds and so multiple Update Sites satisfactorily resolves the Core being at +1, while editors and such like have much more substantial dependencies at +3. The Helios builds were consistenly one RC back on their Xtext dependencies, since OCL was +1 and Xtext +3.

    Regards

        Ed Willink

Back to the top