Re: [mdt-ocl.dev] Clearing the Patch backlog

Hi Ed,

You are absolutely right about your complains. Apart from recalling my very already-announced short availability in September-October, I can only give apologies about this. As I said in bug 288040 I hope this kind of situations doesn't frequently appear.

About your proposal, it's OK to me. The point now is who are the reviewers..... As I have manifested I happy revising any issue related to the parser/analyzer (grammars, cst, ast, parser, analyzer, library).

About 288040 and 259031. I replied with some comments on which I was obviously expecting some feedback.

About 184048, 254919. I could revise the former. Laurent, since you have been working on OCL test's would you mind revising the latter ?

Cheers,
Adolfo.

Ed Willink escribió:
Hi

The problem with patch application can be resolved by reviewing promptly in reverse order.

So

The Bug 184048 patch is most recent and should still Apply against CVS now.
Please review it.

Once that is approved and committed, I can then rework Bug 288040 and provided it is
approved before any further commits, a further rework should be unnecessary.

The other two patches are  independent so likely to involve at most very trivial merge
conflicts.

    Regards

       Ed Willink

Hi Folks

We have a problem with our current approval process that is making it very difficult for me to proceed.

Bug 288040 OCL 2.1 grammar precedence rule changes

has a patch awaiting +1 since 2-September. On 21-September, Adolfo commented

"As it has been manifested, I (we) shouldn't delay too much patches's revision,
since we make the assignee waste time. I hope to respond earlier in future
bugs."

Bug 184048 OCLLPGParser.g grammer incorrectly defines 'if' _expression_

has a patch awaiting +1 since 19-September.

Bug 259031
Provide support for oclType() operation per OMG OCL 2.1 RTF

has a patch awaiting +1 since 13-September.

Bug 254919
JUnit tests are difficult to run

has a patch awaiting +1 since 14-September

-----

Re Adolfo's comment in 288040 "Is there any chance to do the modifications yourself, and uploading it again ?."
The answer is a very firm No. I already have to do all the work twice. Once to develop it, and again to apply it
once approval is granted; intervening parser changes seem to trash a lot as Adolfo has discovered. I cannot
be expected to do it again each time a reviewer has time to review. The reviewer must review promptly or
recreate the project as at the time of submission. (Maybe we should make three-way compare work in
the Apply Patch dialog.)

Suggestion:

For each project area (parser, library, evaluator, validator, tests etc), we designate a primary committer and a secondary
committer.

Patches are to be reviewed by at least either primary or secondary committer (usually the other one) within 7 days,
unless an 'out-of-contact' period has been notified to mdt-ocl-dev in which case the period extends to
7 days + 'out-of-contact' period with a maximum of 21 days. At the end of this approval timeout, in the absence
of a constructive -1, approval is automatic. Not more than 15 days 'out-of-contact' per committer per quarter.

    Regards

       Ed Willink