RE: [mdt-ocl.dev] Making useful progress

Title: Message
Hi All

I'm prepared to take responsibility for anything that seems editor, parser or AST/CST related.
This might extend towards rationalising Environment/TypeChecker/UMLReflection and
may include support for an extensible OCL 2.0/2.1 behavioural selection.

There is an editor ready to go as part of QVT Declarative, but it depends on IMP
which is an incubation project and also LPG2; I think the IP issues are at last resolved.
The editor also depends on the (formerly UMLX) now QVT Declarative Model Registry
to locate referenced models.

It would be helpful if one person can try to produce a coherent list of OCL 2.1 changes broken
down into different possible activities. This may need very tedious and careful textual
comparison.

The list and bugzillas are good for discussion but very bad for concise conclusions
and plans. I think it would be better to try to have plans and conclusions in a wiki page or two.

The deferred items are:

OCL Specification Currency [156363] (target milestone: 2.0.0)
- well, the milestone was correct.

Adding a parsing option to exclude non-standard operations from OCL Standard Library [228839] (target milestone: ---)
- this looks to have much in common with an OCL 2.0/2.1 behavioural option

Adding the edit and editor plugin to have OCL models editable in the EMF's Sample Ecore Editor [196973] (target milestone: ---)
- the code is all ready and part of QVT declarative. It would be nice to increase stylistic commality between the OCL and UML icons.

Reorganize features to better reflect dependencies [192506] (target milestone: ---)
- maybe we lose the obsolete emf.ocl and add the editor as an optional feature
- the LPG support could be abstracted to an 'OCL-independent' base feature

Overhaul the OCL Example [259922] (target milestone: ---)
- any takers?
- I think we may need more than one example.
- QVT Declarative has obtained IP approval to use the Kleppe&Warmer RoyalAndLoyal

We probably want to draw up a list of all the different ways in which OCL can be used, so
that we have examples and JUnit tests for them. Something for the wiki.

    Ed