[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[maynstall-dev] Re: Project status
- From: Tim Webb <tim@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 09:56:56 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:received:in-reply-to :references:from:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:cc :content-type; bh=KxIh619LdGY+JFNq1SiARNCmEyrG43uImhV66hFhoyc=; b=V35XtUXJSug6rSSL9quslrthieGvZjeoa7uBgh3OHy6InvwleucDdn7DSAhGUPzDeY 0skHnbh2TlwVBp63o/J2lE9f5zBvfy6zeQ7spCJYmDNbMcjFnqwBHNEVWnOTJoXXlVT8 xR3pHML5jlX829Vv0qXYWg5NguxAjdaZR5I1E=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type; b=tXCie0SlJl7yWhenTfQ+0fdwlV8OB6HMj9S6oA8iJ1poZtYvUwru50CIiE/61LlEju OFL9fn85ftigWdGYEsttx0Y2qgyVbz8ufHLl+fHuCzCtY3XFdfJ1WXHrc6CF43VrtHQw YNIlkWZa//5HqMKcz7gx5872Kf/1WD2MF2HJI=
We will look at archiving the project and scheduling the termination review.
On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Eric Rizzo <eclipse-mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
[re-sending from proper email address for mailing lists]
We need your feedback on this suggestion. The project can not continue to exist in a state of inactivity.
On 8/13/09 1:34 PM, Eric Rizzo wrote:
Thanks for the update. Speaking on behalf of the Technology project PMC
(now copied on this email), we think the appropriate steps to take are:
1) Archive the Maynstall project (see
and http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/HOWTO/Archived_Phase ).
2) Draft a new proposal for the JPA-related code that you speak of below
so it can be move to an appropriate project and continue life (my
inclination is the Dali project).
I believe you'll need to schedule and prepare a Termination Review, as
You may consider this message as the required PMC approval for a
Note: please keep the PMC mailing list copied on any replies. You must
be subscribed to the list in order to send to it:
Tim Webb wrote:
There is the long and short answer, as there always seems to be.
The short answer is Maynstall as it stands today does not have an
active contribution base and is not what I would consider an active
For the long answer, there are aspects of Maynstall, specifically
regarding a way of accessing a remote JPA data model that we make use
of on our own commercial product and once every six months have a
small CVS commit to keep it going. This area I believe has interesting
value to the community though the Maynstall project as it stands now
does not represent that correctly -- the data model access was a fall
out technology from the integration, not a key component to the
initial contribution. I previously spoke at EclipseWorld/EclipseCon
with Doug Clark over on EclipseLink to see about the possibility of
aligning a subset of the services in Maynstall over in that area. The
provisioning side of Maynstall was largely displaced with the
introduction of p2; even on my own commercial offering we needed to
stop using Maynstall for any provisioning and switch entirely to p2
for consistency with the community.
As always I'm open to suggestions from others who were originally
named committers on the project.
On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Eric Rizzo <eclipse-mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, this is Eric Rizzo of the Technology PMC. While reviewing the
projects under the Technology umbrella, I've noticed that Maynstall
seems to be inactive. The newsgroup has no messages for almost a year
and the web site and wiki do not appear to have been updated in quite a
while. The mailing list has not responded to recent inquiries, either.
What is the status of the project? We need to have a response from the
project lead and/or other team members ASAP.