[mat-dev] Parallel Object Discovery and Outbound and Inbound Index Creation

During the initial pass, I see that MAT will use up to 10 cores.  It seems that the disk read bandwidth is the limit.  I am guessing that MAT is reading each object and could build the outbound and inbound index using the object's reference fields.  By creating these indexes during the initial pass, the total time for parsing a heap dump would be tremendously reduced.  Please enlighten me as to why this is not done.

Back to the top