[mat-dev] Java EE query update

Hi,

I've just pushed up a few commits to gerrit which may interest people,
most related to collections and a big update to the Java EE queries I
was working on a while ago.

The first https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/62882/ is to remove some of the
special casing in parent collection extractor classes, by having
subclasss do it - getting rid of "trail period on a field name
means...". Technically this will break anyone who passes custom field
name to a query with that, but there's a fair chance they would have
been broken by the other collection changes.

Thanks for adding a bunch of collection tests recently Andrew, they've
been helpful :)

The second https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/62989/ adds an extension point
so that other plugins can provide collection extractors.

The third https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/63237/ is my Java EE query
plugin. Currently there are queries for seeing HTTP session data,
registered servlets, stateless and stateful session EJB, and
deployments. There is extractor implementations for JBoss EAP 6, some
EAP 5 and Tomcat 6, but I'm planning on adding more support soon.

You need the other changes to use the EE queries, and a buildable tree
is at https://github.com/doctau/eclipse-mat/tree/javaee-queries. If
anyone wants to play around and try to break it, that'd be great.

--
James "Doc" Livingston <jlivings@xxxxxxxxxx>
JBoss Support Engineering Group

Back to the top