Re: [mat-dev] Reworked collection extraction API (bug 442219)

On Thu, 2015-05-07 at 10:09 +0000, Tsvetkov, Krum wrote:
> I'm happy to see you haven't given up, despite me being silent for
> months after encouraging you to do the contribution.
> Sorry for this, I got stuck with lots of other things to do, and I
> really appreciate that you post again.

I know the feeling, it's why I haven't really done much on it in half a
year.

In case anyone wanted to play around with it, my Java EE queries built
on the collections stuff is at
https://github.com/doctau/eclipse-mat/tree/javaee-queries, but it's not
related to the collections work, besides using it.

> I tried using the patched version on a few dumps and the changes seem
> to work fine.
>
> I suggest we do the detailed discussion in Gerrit.
>
> Let us focus on the API, i.e the classes in
> org.eclipse.mat.inspections.collectionextract, because this is more
> difficult to change afterwards.
>
> I don't think it is critical If we have technical errors with one or
> the other concrete collection. This is much easier to fix with another
> change, than adapting the API.

Thanks, the API design is my main concern with review too, since we can
fix bugs later if needed.

Doing it in Gerrit sounds good, we'll work on it over there. Thanks for
the comments so far.

--
James "Doc" Livingston <jlivings@xxxxxxxxxx>
JBoss Support Engineering Group