IBM WebSphere Foundation SWAT Team
kevin.grigorenko@xxxxxxxxxx
Blog: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/kevgrig/

Inactive hide details for Andrew Johnson ---03/03/2015 11:14:33 AM---From looking at the code for GarbageCleaner.java:222 the cAndrew Johnson ---03/03/2015 11:14:33 AM---From looking at the code for GarbageCleaner.java:222 the class loader  isn't available for a class o

From: Andrew Johnson <andrew_johnson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Memory Analyzer Dev list <mat-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/03/2015 11:14 AM
Subject: Re: [mat-dev] How to open bug with large file
Sent by: mat-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

From looking at the code for GarbageCleaner.java:222 the class loader isn't available for a class or isn't right.

See
http://wiki.eclipse.org/MemoryAnalyzer/Adding_a_new_heap_dump_format_to_the_Memory_Analyzer for how to turn on validation of the output from the parser.

Attaching very big files to Bugzilla doesn't seem a good idea. In general large dumps either contain data which people don't want made public or they are generated from test programs and it might be possible to attach the test program instead, assuming the dump is reproducible which a certain VM.

If you get stuck stepping through the code to see what is wrong I might be able to take a look, though I haven't quite got my environment set up properly after the move to Git - I seem to have a wrong perspective in MAT when opening from the Eclipse debugger.

Andrew Johnson